A zucchini is actually a fruit but it is generally treated as a vegetable in a culinary context. Zucchinis come in two different colors, green and yellow and are almost identical in shape to cucumbers. Zucchini can be cooked in a number of different ways and is also added to cakes and breads. Zucchini bread in particular has become quite popular nowadays and is enjoyed by families all over the world. Once you taste a zucchini bread you will probably never go back to regular bread again.
Featured Zucchini Bread Recipe:
To make this zucchini bread recipe you will need the following ingredients,
One and a half cup of walnuts (chopped)
Zest(rind) of two medium sized lemons
Half a cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of poppy seeds
Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
Three fresh eggs
Three cups of whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
One and a half teaspoons of cinnamon
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
One teaspoon of salt
One cup of sugar
One and a half teaspoon of baking soda
Half a cup of unsalted butter
Three cups of zucchini, finely grated (should be about 3 medium sized ones). Also make sure to wring out the moisture from the grated zucchini and then fluff it again.
Two 1 pound loaf pans (measuring 5 inches by 9 inches preferably)
A sheet of parchment
Here is how you make this delicious zucchini bread,
1. You first need to power your oven and preheat it to 350 F. Next take the two loaf pans and grease the sides and bottom of the pans with butter.
2. Take a sheet of parchment and line the greased pans with it. Make sure to leave a bit of the parchment spilling out of the pan as it would make it easier to take out the zucchini bread once it is baked.
3. Take the chopped walnuts, lemon rind(zest) and poppy seeds and mix them together. Keep this aside. Next, take the butter and beat it in a mixer until it is creamy and fluffy. Add in the sugar and brown sugar and beat the mixture once again until it comes together and doesn't crumble.
4. Take the three eggs and add them into the mixture one at a time and mix it well. Then add in the vanilla extract and the grated zuvvhini and mix it all together at a slow speed.
5. Now take a seperate bowl and mix together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Take this mixture and add it into the zucchini mixture in two batches, stirring the mixture after each addition. Next, fold in the chopped walnuts, poppy seeds
6. Now take the batter and split it between the two loaf pans and see that it is at a uniform level. Place the loaf pans in the preheated oven and bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes. After the bread is baked take it out and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer the bread onto a wire rack to complete the cooling. Don't leave the bread cooling in the pan for more than 10 o 15 minutes as it can then become quite moist.
Your zucchini bread is now baked and ready to eat.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please take a moment to click the "like" button on the top left
.....thank you.Add a comment